Norfolk town’s music scene could expand following lottery grant
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk town could come alive with the sound of music after a lottery grant.
Downham Market Live said it was thrilled to receive a £7,800 award that could see the town's music scene expand.
The grant from the National Lottery, combined with local sponsors Barker Brothers, Lingo Designs, and Downham Market Town Council, means the event can be bigger and better than before.
Plans for music in the town are underway with local venues hosting a range of performers on Friday, September 27.
Poets and songwriters will perform at the Crown Hotel Stable Bar, a music jam will take place at the Downham Market Club on Paradise Road, and Arbuckles restaurant will host live music.
You may also want to watch:
The festivities will continue on Saturday, September 28 with an acoustic stage on the Town Square, with a host of street food retailers and artisan craft stalls.
Organisers have said there will be something for everyone and of all ages, and there will be music of genres to suit all tastes.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 4 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 5 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 May 17 easing: What UEA virus expert will and won't be doing
- 9 Couple launch new park café after market success
- 10 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
There will be a Busker's Trail and competition for children.
The Town Hall will showcase three popular bands, Gentlemen of Few, The People Versus, and the Shackleton Trio on the Saturday evening. Tickets to this event can be bought on the Downham Market Live website.