Downham Home and Garden Store staff raise more than £9,000 for cancer patients at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Fund raising events held at the Downham Home and Garden store have raised more than £9,000 for cancer care at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
The monies were raised from 2016 all the way through to July this year in an exciting assortment of events, from monthly charity bingo games and car boot sales to Swinging Sixties nights courtesy of local band the Strollers.
The cheque of £9,461 was handed to Margaret Carter on behalf of Macmillan in a presentation evening held at the store.
Tim and Julie Glover, directors of the store, said: 'We would like to say thank you to all of the customers and visitors who have donated to the events, their parents and the staff within the store for all their hard work, and the Strollers – the staff and the strollers gave their time voluntary which is extremely appreciated'
'A special thank you to Bookers Wholesale Cash and Carry in King's Lynn who donated all food on the evening including wine for the event free of charge'.
The funds will go to the nearby QEH Hospital in King's Lynn, and have already been invested in a £3,000 chemotherapy pump. The remainder will help to fund an assortment of other treatments.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 3 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 4 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 5 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 6 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 7 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 10 One person rescued after crash on A47