Garden centre raises nearly £10,000 for hospital cancer patients
- Credit: Archant
A community effort from staff and friends of a garden centre has helped to raise nearly £10,000 to support cancer patients at a Norfolk hospital.
Tim and Julie Glover, of Downham Home and Garden, have presented £9,469 for the Hospital's Macmillan Cancer Care and Treatment Fund to Queen Elizabeth Hospital chief executive Jon Green.
The money has been raised over 2016 and 2017 with a number of car boot sales, charity events and performances by The Strollers.
Mrs Glover said: 'It has been a real community effort to raise this money with staff at the centre giving up their time at the various events. We would also like to thank Booker's Cash and Carry for their support.'
Mr Glover added: 'We would like to thank the community for their support. This has been a tremendous achievement.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Green said: 'I would like to thank Mr and Mrs Glover, along with their staff and the people of Downham Market, for raising this incredible amount of money.
'The West Norfolk community is an important part of Team QEH, without them we would not be able to do what we do.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 6 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray