Dorothy Gilbert celebrates 102nd birthday at Gorleston home
- Credit: Archant
Happy 102nd birthday Dorothy.
Dorothy Gilbert has celebrated turning 102 at Gables care home in Gorleston surrounded by family, friends and staff.
Mrs Gilbert, originally from Richmond in Kent, moved to the home in 2013.
During the Second World War she spent time working as an almoner in a hospital in London, arranging aftercare for patients. She also worked for Prudential for a short time.
She married her husband Keith in 1938. Mr Gilbert became chief planning officer for Great Yarmouth, which brought the couple to Gorleston.
You may also want to watch:
They enjoyed spending time at their beach hut and swimming – a hobby she enjoyed every day, along with other sports.
Home manager Chris Chambers said: 'It was wonderful to celebrate Dorothy's birthday with her family and friends. 'On behalf of everyone at the Gables I would like to wish her a very happy birthday.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 10 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
The Gables is part of the Healthcare Homes Group and provides residential care to up to 43 residents, many of whom live with dementia. It is based on Marine Parade in Gorleston.
For more information call 01493 667 839 or visit www.healthcarehomes.co.uk