Club bowled over by developer's donation
- Credit: McCarthy Stone
The green at a Stalham bowling club could be looking better than ever in its 100-plus year history thanks to a developer's donation.
St Mary’s Bowls Club has received £500 for the upkeep of its grounds from McCarthy Stone, which is building a retirement estate off Homestead Place off Old Market Road in the town.
Gerard Kirwan, club secretary, said he was delighted with the grant.
Mr Kirwan said: "We are thrilled to receive such a kind donation.
"With a long-standing local history, we value our place within the Stalham community, and support from local businesses plays an important role in keeping our club running.
"We are so pleased we are able to make these vital improvements to the bowling green with the funding, and we look forward to welcoming back all our members with an enhanced experience."
The club was founded more than a century ago and competes in leagues including the county, Broadland, Nansa and afternoon leagues.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 4 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 9 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 10 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction