Don’t miss your chance to bid for £50,000 Sport Relief Community Cash
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
There are just two weeks left for your community group to bid for a share of £50,000 of Sport Relief Community Cash.
The grants of £500 to £1,000 have the power to transform your group, or secure its future for the coming year – but applications must be made by March 4.
Sing Your Heart Out is an organisation which uses group singing as a way to encourage mental wellbeing, and was awarded £1,000 through Community Cash last year.
The cash went towards covering the group's essential running costs, rental expenses and helped publicise the group to people across the city.
Chair Henry Gowman said: 'Without the funding, Sing Your Heart Out could not continue to provide our service for people who, very often, are amongst the most disadvantaged in our society.
You may also want to watch:
'It is a truism that there is no health without mental health.'
Sing Your Heart Out was one of 55 grassroots groups which received funding from Community Cash last year, in association with the Norfolk Community Foundation.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 4 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 9 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 10 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
Community groups and charities working in disadvantaged areas across the city are eligible, and can be working with people of all ages and in a variety of different activities.
Sing Your Heart Out meets at the Phoenix Centre in Mile Cross Road in Norwich, and focuses on people who have mental health problems or are recovering from them – though it welcomes anyone who feels singing would be beneficial to them.
The free sessions attract between 30 and 40 members every week.
To find out more about Sport Relief Community Cash, read about last year's winners and start your bid for a share of £50,000, visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/home/community-cash