Don’t miss your chance to bid for £50,000 Sport Relief Community Cash
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
There are just two weeks left for your community group to bid for a share of £50,000 of Sport Relief Community Cash.
The grants of £500 to £1,000 have the power to transform your group, or secure its future for the coming year – but applications must be made by March 4.
Sing Your Heart Out is an organisation which uses group singing as a way to encourage mental wellbeing, and was awarded £1,000 through Community Cash last year.
The cash went towards covering the group's essential running costs, rental expenses and helped publicise the group to people across the city.
Chair Henry Gowman said: 'Without the funding, Sing Your Heart Out could not continue to provide our service for people who, very often, are amongst the most disadvantaged in our society.
You may also want to watch:
'It is a truism that there is no health without mental health.'
Sing Your Heart Out was one of 55 grassroots groups which received funding from Community Cash last year, in association with the Norfolk Community Foundation.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 Restaurant bookings healthy for end of lockdown despite fears over one household rule
- 4 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 5 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 8 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 9 Man fined for swearing at neighbours during lockdown barbeque
- 10 Water outages hit homes across city
Community groups and charities working in disadvantaged areas across the city are eligible, and can be working with people of all ages and in a variety of different activities.
Sing Your Heart Out meets at the Phoenix Centre in Mile Cross Road in Norwich, and focuses on people who have mental health problems or are recovering from them – though it welcomes anyone who feels singing would be beneficial to them.
The free sessions attract between 30 and 40 members every week.
To find out more about Sport Relief Community Cash, read about last year's winners and start your bid for a share of £50,000, visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/home/community-cash