Don’t forget to visit this new community cafe in Scratby
- Credit: Archant
A community cafe has been opened at the All Saints Parish Hall at Scratby, near Great Yarmouth, to raise funds for the hall and provide a meeting point for the community.
Called the Friday Forget-me-not Cafe and held every Friday between 10am and 2pm, it offers residents an opportunity to meet up and make new friends.
A play area for children and free wifi have also been set up.
Led by Sylvia Bigg and helpers Brian Jones, Peter and Carol Kelly and Adrian Peck, the cafe offers refreshments and light lunches.
More than 50 people, including children, attended the first cafe on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Future events in conjunction with the cafe will include craft fairs, food markets and car boot sales.
Anyone interested in volunteering to help with running the Friday Forget-me-not Cafe and linked events can call Sylvia Bigg on 07538 463509.
- 1 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 4 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 5 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 6 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney