Don’t forget to visit this new community cafe in Scratby
- Credit: Archant
A community cafe has been opened at the All Saints Parish Hall at Scratby, near Great Yarmouth, to raise funds for the hall and provide a meeting point for the community.
Called the Friday Forget-me-not Cafe and held every Friday between 10am and 2pm, it offers residents an opportunity to meet up and make new friends.
A play area for children and free wifi have also been set up.
Led by Sylvia Bigg and helpers Brian Jones, Peter and Carol Kelly and Adrian Peck, the cafe offers refreshments and light lunches.
More than 50 people, including children, attended the first cafe on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Future events in conjunction with the cafe will include craft fairs, food markets and car boot sales.
Anyone interested in volunteering to help with running the Friday Forget-me-not Cafe and linked events can call Sylvia Bigg on 07538 463509.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 9 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle