Dogs lap up clever use of beer barrels
- Credit: Archant
Dogs visiting a popular garden site in South Walsham have been lapping up a unique idea that has seen old beer barrels turned into watering stations.
Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden in South Walsham has set up two stations – one near the tearoom and a second by the staithe next to Fairhaven's broad - while a third is planned.
Visitor Peter Brough let his dog Pippa try out one of the new stations.
He said: 'We have really enjoyed exploring Fairhaven Garden and think that the beer barrels are a great idea. It means that you can ensure that your dog has easy access to fresh water.'
Dogs on leads are welcome at Fairhaven Garden, although there is a dog entry charge of 25p to cover the costs of poop scoops, which are given to every dog owner.
You may also want to watch:
An annual Fun Dog Day will take place on September 10 in aid of Yarmouth Greyhound Homefinders and will include a dog show, agility activities, demonstrations, doggy stalls and games.
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 6 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 7 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 8 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat