Dog rescued by lifeboat after falling into river from Haven Bridge
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
A Staffordshire bull terrier dog is recovering after it fell off Haven Bridge and had be to rescued from the River Bure.
The Staffie cross was rescued by Great Yarmouth and Gorleston's inshore lifeboat just before 2.30pm today.
Dee Kilpatrick, spokesman for the RNLI station, said crew members were paged at 2.01pm and the dog was in the water for around 20 minutes.
She said: 'It was quite tired and panicky.
'But when the inshore lifeboat got on scene they managed to retrieve the dog and return it to the owner who was on the Great Yarmouth side of the bridge.
You may also want to watch:
'It was a happy ending.'
Do you know the owner of the dog? If so, call Lauren Rogers on 01493 847961 or email email@example.com.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 5 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 6 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC