Ten dog friendly pubs in Norfolk and Suffolk
- Credit: James Bass
There is nothing better on a crisp winter day then enjoying a nice walk with your four-legged friend before heading to find somewhere to eat. Here is a list of some of Norfolk and Suffolk's best dog-friendly pubs.
• The Eagle, Norwich
A 10 minute walk from the city centre, this pub really caters for dogs by offering them their own menu.
You may also want to watch:
• The White Lodge, Attleborough
The Grade II 15th century coaching inn welcomes well-behaved dogs.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
• Nelson Head, Horsey
Well behaved dogs on a lead are allowed in the bar. After the meal enjoy walks along the broads or beach.
• The White Horse, Thelnetham
On the Suffolk/Norfolk border it is perfectly located for walkers and cyclists. Dog and muddy boot friendly.
• The Orange Tree, Thornham
Canine friends are welcome in the bar. There is a doggy menu with delicious treats including pigs ears washed down with gravy.
• The Crown, Great Ellingham
Opened in 2014 the pub allows dogs in the bar area. There also a nice outdoor seating area.
• The Wheatsheaf, West Beckham
A banner on the former-manor house's website says 'dogs, horses, and muddy boots welcome'.
• The Elveden Inn, Elveden
Situated close to Thetford Forest and a wealth of walks, the village pub - part of the Guinness family owned Elveden Estate - is dog friendly.
• The Lacon Arms, Hemsby
The pub won an award in 2014 from the Kennel Club for being the most dog friendly pub in the UK.
• The Eagle, Great Hockham
On the edge of Thetford Forest and miles of walking trails, dogs are very-much welcome.