Dog bites two children on beach near Scratby
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2016
A mum has made a plea for dog owners to keeps their pets on leads after her daughter and another child were bitten.
The incident happened near the beach at California Sands holiday park in Scratby on Monday afternoon.
One girl was bitten on the leg and the other on the bottom and both were left with visible marks.
The mother-of-one, who is on holiday with her eight-year-old daughter and friends, said the girls were running away from the dog, believed to be a black cockapoo, 'screaming for their lives.'
She added: 'It circled them like a shark. They kept still but the dog kept going to bite.
You may also want to watch:
'I decided to rugby tackle the dog. There were other little ones there and I was trying to protect the babies.'
The holidaymaker said this would not have happened in Cambridge, where dogs have to be kept on leads.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 6 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
Police confirmed the dog's owners had called the police to let them know their puppy had bitten two children.