Owner fights to stop snarling Alsatian as it attacks his labrador and pins spaniel to the ground
- Credit: Archant
A dog owner was left shaken and upset after another dog attacked her pets.
Melissa Barton, from Edingthorpe, near Bacton, said her husband, who did not wish to be named, was out walking their two dogs in a field next to the village's All Saints Church about 12.30pm yesterday (Saturday, January 27).
Mrs Barton said a large Alsatian then sprang out of a van and attacked her labrador Poppy and sprocker spaniel Chester.
The 44-year-old said: 'He was out walking the dogs around the usual route past the church and the man let his dog out of the van. The dog came straight towards us and started attacking first my old lab and then my spaniel.
'My husband was trying to lift the collar of the Alsatian and prise him off, because he had the spaniel down by his neck. And then the dog handler came over running like mad, helped my husband get the dog off, put it back in the van and apologised.'
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Barton said she reported the incident to the police by calling 101, and said she was told the Alsatian was a Ministry of Defence dog. MoD dogs are used for security at the nearby Bacton Gas Terminal.
She said she was told the handler involved had also reported the incident.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
Mrs Barton said it must have been a traumatic thing to happen to the dogs.
She said: 'It came baring its teeth and snarling and it went straight for my labrador. She's 12 and quite defenceless really. They wouldn't have stood a chance against a dog twice their size. They don't seem injured but it's not very nice for them.'