Doctor Who actor to take ghostly role in Wymondham production
- Credit: Archant
It's a long way from the planet of the Daleks to Wymondham's Central Hall.
But that's where veteran actor Terry Molloy is headed as he prepares to star in new play called Ghost Stories.
Mr Molloy, 69, is best known for his role as the mad scientist Davros, creator of intergalactic bad guys the Daleks on television's Doctor Who.
Strange Fascination Theatre Company is putting on the new show on Saturday, January 28 at 7.30pm.
Paul Goldsmith, producer and actor in Ghost Stories, said the play was an adaption of two ghostly tales by author M.R. James – 'A Warning to the Curious' and 'Oh, whistle and I'll come to you, my lad'.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Goldsmith said he was thrilled Mr Molloy, who lives in Bawburgh, was taking part in the production.
He said: 'It's lovely for Norfolk to have someone of his ilk on our doorstep and willing to be involved in the community.'
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 5 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 6 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 7 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 8 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
- 10 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
Mr Goldsmith said the audience for the play, which also stars Hayley Evenett, could expect an unusual experience.
He said: 'It will be something unique for Wymondham.
'It has a stripped-down set and it's all about the atmosphere that's created by the actors on stage.
'It will be interesting to see the reaction that it gets.'
The theatre company plans to take the show on to London in the future.
Mr Goldsmith and Ms Evenett featured in a performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream, which took place at Wymondham's King's Head Meadow playing field in August last year.
Tickets for the show are available online from www.ticketsource.co.uk/strangefascinationtheatrecompany