Do you remember when Motorhead played at West Runton Pavilion?
- Credit: PA
On March 15 1980 rock group Motorhead took to the stage at West Runton Pavilion, performing Ace of Spades for the very first time live.
37 years later, fans who went to the concert have taken to social media to share their memories of the special event.
In a post on the Lemmium Facebook page, a group celebrating the life of Motorhead's Ian 'Lemmy' Kilmister who passed away in December 2015, fans such as John Roycroft recalled the gig.
Mr Roycroft said: 'Was there aged 15 - first gig. Opened with Ace of Spades - phenomenal. Can remember it like it was yesterday. Still the best gig I have ever been to but regret never seeing Motorhead again. They were supported by Tank from what I remember.'
Similarly, Karen Lesley Tester said: 'I was there, can of 'Breaker' in hand. 13 years old, and in awe of the great man that was Lemmy. Fantastic night, supported by Tank, I think? Motörhead played West Runton Pavilion on more than one occasion.
'I remember a particularly hot and sweaty, jam packed night when Girlschool were supporting. Many other great metal/punk/ska bands played WRP most weeks. Brilliant venue. Sadly missed.'
You may also want to watch:
Haze Hazelgrove added: 'Fantastic night someone threw a load of dry ice in the stream out side while we were waiting to go in and we all disappeared in the smoke.
'When we got inside we stood near the back watching tank when Lemmie appeared next to us and started to chat up my mates girlfriend she was so stoked but he wasn't!!!'
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
Others posted that they wished they had been able to attend the concert and remembered other shows they had attended elsewhere on the tour.
• Were you at the concert? Send your photos and memories to firstname.lastname@example.org