Do you know what it is? Mystery surrounds ‘hum’ in Cromer
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2016
A strange humming noise has been reported in Cromer - and is leaving local residents scratching their heads.
Councillors in Cromer were told the 'hum' could be heard throughout the town soon after it stops raining.
But no-one appears to know where it is coming from.
A member of the public raised the issue at a meeting of Cromer Town Council's planning, transportation and environment committee.
Deputy mayor John Frosdick said: 'It's a continuous noise that residents keep hearing.
You may also want to watch:
'North Norfolk District Council's environmental team looked at it, but could not find anything wrong.
'It starts after it stops raining, so it could be a water pump, but Anglian Water say their underground system is in good working order and they do not feel it is connected to them.'
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 5 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 6 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 7 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Dad who threw daughter into cot cleared of murder
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
Do you know what the hum is? Email email@example.com