Do something ‘amazing’ and donate blood in Diss this month
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Townsfolk in Diss will have the opportunity to 'Do Something Amazing' this month as the NHS looks for volunteers.
NHS Blood and Transplant is appealing for volunteers to make appointments to donate blood.
The NHS team will be at Diss Rugby Football Club on Bellrope Lane in Diss on Thursday, November 16, between 1pm to 7pm.
The NHS needs 6,000 blood donations every day to treat patients in need across England, meaning there is always a need for people to give blood.
Each year, approximately 200,000 new donors are needed, as some donors can no longer give blood.
You may also want to watch:
Most people between the ages of 17-65 are able to give blood although around half of the current donors are aged over 45.
To book an appointment call 0300 123 23 23 or visit www.blood.co.uk. Attendance by appointment is strongly recommended.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17