Diver missing off Great Yarmouth coast named as Brighton pensioner Terry Tonkin
- Credit: Archant
A diver who failed to surface after diving at a ship wreck off the coast of Great Yarmouth has been named.
Suffolk Police have confirmed the diver is Terry Tonkin, 67, from the Brighton area.
A police spokesman said all searches with partner agencies had been cancelled.
MORE: Family of missing diver hopeful he will be found aliveAn extensive 14 hour air and sea search was carried out into the night after the man was reported missing at 6pm on bank holiday Monday.
A sea search was launched involving two Coastguard helicopters and three lifeboat crews.
The Coastguard called off the search the next morning.
You may also want to watch:
A Coastguard spokesman said the Lowestoft-registered diving vessel Raider V returned to search the sea floor on Tuesday but did not find anything.
In August 2013, Christopher Vanstone, 49 and from London, died while diving off the coast of Great Yarmouth from the same Raider V boat.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 8 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
A coroner later concluded Mr Vanstone's death was accidental.