Diss youngster makes a splash for Children in Need by swimming a mile
- Credit: Rachel Farrow
A youngster from Diss has put his swimming skills to the test for Children in Need.
Aiden Farrow put on his trunks and swimming cap to take on the challenge of swimming a mile at the Diss Leisure Centre swimming pool.
Before the challenge, the 10-year-old's biggest swim was 800m. He had to double that figure to complete the mile, but with his family and friends cheering him on he successfully completed the mile in just under an hour.
Aiden's mother, Rachel Farrow, said: 'He got on really well, Considering the furthest he has ever swam was 800m, to double that it was a real challenge.
'Once he had completed the mile he was prepared to swim further but he had already done so well. We are all really proud of him.'
You may also want to watch:
Aiden's original fundraising target was £250 but, just like the distance he swam, he has doubled that, raising just under £500.
To donate to Aiden's swim go to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rachel-farrow4.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 3 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 4 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 5 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 8 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police