Radio station raises more than £1,000 for charity with sponsored bike ride
- Credit: Archant
Staff from a community radio station conquered a sponsored cycle to raise funds for two good causes.
The team from Diss-based Park Radio pedalled to Gissing for Norfolk cancer charity, Big C, and the Scoliosis Association.
Amid the coronavirus pandemic, the station’s usual fundraising activities have had to be cancelled - but there remained urgency to find an alternative.
And the bike ride, which reunited some of the team for the first time in seven months, saw Park Radio raise £1240 to be split between the charities.
Station manager Chris Moyse said: “The group of us are not cyclists - I hadn’t even been on a bike for several decades
You may also want to watch:
“A bike ride was the perfect way for us to do something at a safe social distance, even in the middle of a pandemic.
“We’re delighted and surprised with what we’ve raised. It’s triple what we would usually make at one of our coffee mornings, so we might have to do it again!”
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show