Diss Leisure centre pool to close for improvement works
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
The swimming pool at Diss Leisure Centre will be closed for four days as part of planned maintenance work.
South Norfolk Council has invested more than £4m in its leisure facilities.
The pool will be closed between Monday and Thursday and the gym will also be closed on Monday.
Councillor Martin Wilby, deputy leader of the council, said: 'We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the closure but I am sure you will understand that this work is necessary and the results will provide an improved swimming experience for all.
'We want our leisure centres to be community-focused and deliver an excellent customer service with the best possible facilities to enable all of our residents to keep fit and active.'
While the pool is closed members of Diss Leisure Centre are welcome to use the pool at Wymondham Leisure Centre, which has been subject of a major refit and is due to fully reopen on April 11.
For more information visit http://www.south-norfolk.gov.uk/leisure/
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 5 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 6 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 7 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 8 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge