Diss gets ready to party for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee
Party plans are in full swing in Diss to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of the Queen.
The south Norfolk town will mark the 60th anniversary of the coronation with a host of events on the weekend of June 2 and 3.
On Saturday, June 2 there will party in Diss Park, including music from bands such as Backstreet, Walkway, Twisted Piglet and The Cataclysmics and a stage where a number of local dancing groups will be performing throughout the day.
There will also be traditional games stalls such as a coconut shy, a bouncy castle, and craft stalls, with some jubilee memorabilia.
On Sunday, June 3 there will be a big lunch on the park with local restaurants serving food and lots of free events such as a park marathon, three legged races and a mobility scooter obstacle course.
There will also be a puppet show from Poz and a bouncy castle. The weekend will climax with a fireworks display on the mere.
Anyone wishing to get involved is asked to contact organiser Oliver Pilsbury-Gaunt by emailing email@example.com
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment