Diss gets ready to party for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee
Party plans are in full swing in Diss to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of the Queen.
The south Norfolk town will mark the 60th anniversary of the coronation with a host of events on the weekend of June 2 and 3.
On Saturday, June 2 there will party in Diss Park, including music from bands such as Backstreet, Walkway, Twisted Piglet and The Cataclysmics and a stage where a number of local dancing groups will be performing throughout the day.
There will also be traditional games stalls such as a coconut shy, a bouncy castle, and craft stalls, with some jubilee memorabilia.
On Sunday, June 3 there will be a big lunch on the park with local restaurants serving food and lots of free events such as a park marathon, three legged races and a mobility scooter obstacle course.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a puppet show from Poz and a bouncy castle. The weekend will climax with a fireworks display on the mere.
Anyone wishing to get involved is asked to contact organiser Oliver Pilsbury-Gaunt by emailing email@example.com
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project