Diss Cyclathon to return for a third year
- Credit: Archant
A popular cycling event which last year, saw hundreds of cyclists, young and old, take to two wheels and peddle their way through nine Norfolk market towns is set to return for a third year.
This June, Diss will once again turn in to the cycling centre of the region as cyclists of all ages and abilities will be encouraged to take part in the Diss Cyclathon.
The event gives riders the opportunity to take part in family rides, of five, 10 or 15 miles or the more challenging Nine Town Sportive.
A choice of three routes, a 25, 50 or 100 mile cycle which takes cyclists through nine of Norfolk and Suffolk's most picturesque market towns including, Beccles, Wymondham and Thetford.
Alan Franks, the event organiser, said: 'We had such a positive feedback from last year's Cyclathon that we simply didn't have any choice but to run it again in 2018.
You may also want to watch:
Last year's event raised £10,000 for charity, £6,700 of which was donated to the East Anglian Air Ambulance, with the remainder going towards local cycling clubs and community events in Diss.
Mr Franks said: 'We're aiming to raise even more money to support local cycling as well as our partner charity the EAAA.
- 1 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 9 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
'More than anything, however, it is about celebrating all the fantastic things about cycling in Norfolk and Suffolk and getting all the family in to Diss to enjoy the day.'
The day will also feature food stalls and entertainment for the whole family in Diss Park.
Holly Noon from EAAA said 'We are thrilled to be a part of Diss Cyclathon 2018, a fantastic event for cyclists of all abilities to come together and raise funds for EAAA while enjoying the best of the region's towns and surrounding countryside!
'As a charity, we rely on public donations and it is down to the incredible commitment and support from event organisers and cyclists alike which means we can keep our crews and helicopters in the sky, saving lives.'
The Diss Cyclathon will take place on Sunday, June 24.
To find out more information and to sign up for the Nine Town Sportive visit; www.disscyclathon.org