Diss church delivers gifts to children in Kosovo
Members of Diss Christian Community Church visited Kosovo last month to distribute shoeboxes containing gifts.
The visit was part of the Operation Christmas Child appeal where shoeboxes are filled with gifts for needy children overseas.
In six days, the Diss team distributed 1,000 shoeboxes to help the Victory Church in Gjakove.
During their Diss appeal, the community church representatives collected 150 boxes among church colleagues, friends and local schools.
These were filled with crayons, soap, gloves, scarves, dolls and Action Men figures among other gifts.
You may also want to watch:
Graham Blake, leader of Diss Christian Community Church, said: 'It is not just a church thing, it is quite a community venture. We are just one of the facilitators for the church.'
In Kosovo, 45pc of people are unemployed and live in poverty with 37pc below the poverty line.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 6 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 7 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 10 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village