Diss bike club raises hundreds for charity
- Credit: Archant
A renaissance club has raised hundreds for a children's charity.
The Harley Renaissance Club raised £607 during the fifth consecutive summer party at Diss Town Football Club for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
The lead organiser was Barry Whittingham and there was live music from pop and rock cover band The Muppits.
Tim Jenkins, EACH Norfolk Community Fundraiser, said: 'With another almost £2 million still to raise for the nook appeal, support from community organisations like this is vital.
'We're so pleased to have been chosen as the beneficiary of the Harley Renaissance Club's summer party – it really sounded like a great occasion.'
You may also want to watch:
EACH offers care to 126 children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Norfolk, in addition to support for 166 family members.
It is currently looking to raise £10 million for a new hospice in Framingham Earl.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17