Diss-based Midwich hails better-than-expected performance for first half of 2017
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
An audio-visual equipment distributor has said it expects to be ahead of its full year predictions after a strong first six months.
EDP/EADT Top 100 firm Midwich gave the update for the period to June 30 as it prepares to reveal its results in September.
The Diss-based firm said it had traded well with good top line growth across its markets – boosted by the weak post-Brexit pound.
Midwich added its Spanish business Earpro, which was bought in March, has made a positive start and is ahead of expectations.
In a statement the firm said: 'As a result of this strong first half performance and on the basis of current indications of positive sales momentum into the second half, the board anticipates reporting results for the full year comfortably ahead of its previous expectations.'
You may also want to watch:
Midwich, which employs around 500 people, had pre-tax profits of £17.9m in 2016 with a turnover of £370.1m.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden