Diss and Long Stratton Leisure Centres extend their hours
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Two leisure centres in south Norfolk are opening their doors for longer to make sure people can keep fit and active in 2016.
Diss and Long Stratton Leisure Centres have extended their hours and extra public swimming sessions have been added to the timetable at Diss.
From Monday to Friday the pool and gym at Diss Leisure Centre is open at 6.30am with extra public swimming sessions added.
On Wednesday public swimming has been added from 8.45pm to 10pm, on Friday public swimming times are now from 8.15pm to 10pm and on Saturday a new public swimming session is from 4pm to 6pm.
On Saturday and Sunday there is also a new fun and float session from 2.15pm to 3.45pm.
At Long Stratton, opening times have been extended to 6.30am to 10pm, Monday to Friday, and 8.30am to 6pm at the weekend.
The centres are owned by South Norfolk Council.
- 1 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 4 'I can't stop Western Link work starting in my woodland'
- 5 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 6 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 7 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 8 One in four patients ignored health conditions after failing to see GP
- 9 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 10 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
Martin Wilby, deputy leader of South Norfolk Council, said: 'At a time when other authorities are cutting back their leisure facilities we are investing and making sure that we offer our residents the best service possible.'