Disruption to train services between Norwich and London after person is hit by train
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A person has died after being struck by a train at Chelmsford this morning.
Services between Norwich and London Liverpool Street were cancelled and delayed as emergency crews dealt with the incident.
British Transport Police were called to the scene just before 11pm and remain there alongside other emergency services.
A spokesman for the British Transport Police said they have died as a result of the collision.
'The death is not believed to be suspicious,' he added.
You may also want to watch:
No services were able to run through Chelmsford station in either direction for a number of hours.
Disruption has now ended and Greater Anglia and Network Rail have apologised for the disruption.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre