Disruption to rail services between London and Norwich after person hit by train
- Credit: Archant
There are major delays to rail services between Norwich and London Liverpool Street this morning after a person was hit by a train in Essex.
All rail services between London Liverpool Street and Norwich may be delayed by up to an hour and disruption is expected until at least 1pm.
A spokesman for British Transport Police (BTP) said they were called to Romford station at 10.15am on Friday. The person was declared dead at the scene.
The spokesman added: 'The person's death is not being treated as suspicious and officers are now working to identify them and inform their family.'
The collision involved a Greater Anglia train.
You may also want to watch:
Trains cancelled include the 1pm and 3pm services from London to Norwich.
For information on alternative routes, visit: www.journeycheck.com/greateranglia/
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 7 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 10 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told