Disruption on train services between Norwich and London eases after woman hit by train in Essex
- Credit: Archant
Disruption on the Norwich to London line is beginning to ease after a woman was hit by a train.
The incident between Witham and Kelvedon in Essex blocked the line, with train services between Norwich, Ipswich, Clacton-on-Sea, Colchester, Chelmsford, Shenfield and London Liverpool Street affected in both directions.
The East of England Ambulance Service confirmed they were called to Station Road in Kelvedon at 10am.
An ambulance crew, ambulance officer and Hazardous Area Response Team attended. The woman was declared dead at the scene.
A spokesperson for the British Transport Police said the death was not thought to be suspicious and that officers were working to identify the woman and inform her family.
Kelvedon station was reopened by about 12.20pm but services remained cancelled or delayed until 3.30pm.
- 1 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 2 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 5 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 8 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 9 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 10 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC