Dispose of unwanted electrical items for free at Taverham recycling event
- Credit: � ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
Broadland residents can dispose of unwanted electrical items for free this weekend at a recycling event in Taverham.
Small appliances which use a plug or battery can be dropped off at the collection point at Taverham Village Hall car park on Sandy Lane.
The event, which is run by Broadland District Council, takes place from 8am to midday on Saturday, October 7.
All items collected on the day will be taken away to be recycled or reused.
Any item which is suitable for reuse will be donated to the British Heart Foundation
You may also want to watch:
Commercial items and larger appliances such as fridges or washing machines are not able to be collected.
At the council's previous collection day, held in April, more than four tonnes of items were collected. The British Heart Foundation was able to take hundreds of items away, making around £6,000.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
For more information about what can and cannot be accepted call 01603 430534.