Disney’s Deli in Wymondham is about to close after five years in the trade
- Credit: Archant
A delicatessen in a Norfolk town is about to open its doors for the final time.
Disney's Delicatessen in Middleton Street, Wymondham, is closing on Saturday (September 9) after five years of serving fresh fruit and vegetables, jams, cheese, ice-cream and other culinary delights.
The shop was opened by Paula and David Disney after they had lived in Spain for eight years running a hiking hire business.
But Mrs Disney said it was time to move on.
She said: 'We've decided not to renew the lease. We've had a great five years of serving our wonderful customers, but it's time for pastures new.
You may also want to watch:
'Thanks to our many customers from near and far, many of which have become good friends.'
Mrs Disney said she wanted to spend more time at home with their two children, one of whom is aiming to join the army soon. She said a new business was hopefully going to take over the unit.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 4 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 10 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear