Discussions underway with football club regarding Wymondham’s King’s Head Meadow playscape
- Credit: Archant
Members of Wymondham Town Council have met with Wymondham Town Football Club to discuss a way forward for the future of the King's Head Meadow play area.
Trevor Gurney, town clerk, said further discussions were planned on the issue following a vote to re-model the playscape and keep it at its current spot at the meadow at a town council meeting in June.
The playscape has been the focus of a long-running dispute between residents of nearby Orchard Way who say it brings excessive noise and anti-social behaviour and other town residents who support it staying.
Mr Gurney said a full council meeting planned for August 1 had been cancelled because there was nothing more on the playscape issue to report.
He said: 'In respect of King's Head Meadow Play equipment a positive informal meeting has been held with Mr Garwood, chairman of Wymondham Town Football Club and a number of ideas have been discussed.
You may also want to watch:
'Further discussions will take place but will not be concluded before the August 1.
'Another item that was to be considered related to a presentation from South Norfolk Council but they have requested that this is deferred until later in the year.'
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
The next full council meeting is scheduled for September 5 at the town's Central Hall.