Discussions ongoing with Carrow Road sponsors Galway Roast after its cafe closes in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City chairman Ed Balls said discussions were ongoing with South Stand sponsors Galway Roast following the closure of its cafe this week.
The Irish coffee company took over as the new sponsors of the stand at Carrow Road this summer, and agreed to supply all hospitality areas with coffee.
But its cafe on London Street has shut unexpectedly, leaving a question mark hanging over its future with the club.
Mr Balls said: 'This is an ongoing issue we are dealing with and we are working out the best way to handle this.
'It is all mid-negotiation and very hard for us to talk about it. They have made some contractual commitments to us, and we are hoping they will fulfil them.'
You may also want to watch:
The club said there would be an update regarding the issue in the following days.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker