Discover fossils and mammoths at museum event
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2013
Discover and learn more about fossils and mammoths at an event taking place at a Breckland museum.
Ancient House Museum, in Thetford, is hosting an event which will enable people to handle a range of real fossils that are millions of years old.
People will be able to learn more about mammoths and youngsters will be able to make some dinosaur and mammoth themed crafts to take home.
Oliver Bone, curator at the museum, said 'This is a brilliant opportunity for our visitors to explore our fantastic fossil collection.'
Staff from the Norfolk Museum Service's Natural History Department will be on-hand to also identify fossils people's fossils.
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place on Tuesday at 10.30am and is £2 or £1 for friends and museum pass holders.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water