Discounted ticket deadline looms for Blickling Hall Bond-themed classical concert
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
Time is running out to buy discounted tickets to a James Bond-themed classical music concert at a Norfolk stately home this summer.
Blickling Hall's lakeside setting is the venue for the glamorous event on Saturday August 10 when a picnicking crowd will enjoy a proms-style concert, laced with 007 movie themes, along with a Spitfire display and fireworks finale.
The concert staged by Revival Productions, supported by the EDP, follows the successful reintroduction of classical music to the hall last year.
Discounted 'early bird' ticket sales end on January 31, so concertgoers keen to sample the action and atmosphere are being urged to take advantage of the offer before the deadline.
The Bond phenomenon is marking its 50th anniversary, and the concert will see the returning Sinfonia Viva orchestra playing the Bond theme tune itself, as well as other classics such as Diamonds are Forever, Nobody Does it Better, Goldfinger, Thunderball, Live and Let Die, From Russia with Love, Moonraker and You Only Live Twice.
You may also want to watch:
Other great movie tunes in the first half of the programme starting at 7.30pm will include the poignant theme from Schindler's List, by John Williams.
There is also a return of the 'dancing' Spitfire fighter flown by Carolyn Grace at last summer's event - doing another choreographed aerial display.
- 1 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 2 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 8 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 9 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 10 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
The second half from 9.15pm to 10.15pm sees mezzo soprano Jessica Walker singing popular opera arias as well as some other cinema classics including Heart Will Go On from Titanic, before a rousing Last Night of the proms style end to the evening, featuring favourites such as Nimrod, British Sea Songs, Rule Britannia, Jerusalem and Land of Hope and Glory, and a firework finale.
Crowds are encouraged to picnic in style at the venue from the gates opening at 4pm. There will be free parking and a limited number of gazebos available to book.
Early bird £29 tickets are on sale until January 31. After that they are £32 (£35 on the night). Group discounts are available. To book online, visit www.revival-productions.co.uk or call 01263 734711.