Disabled woman jumps off scooter in the nick of time before it plunges into river
- Credit: Archant
A disabled woman was able to leap out of her scooter in time before it crashed into a river of its own accord.
The unusual incident took place on a footpath by the River Wensum in Norwich, close to the Cow Tower, on Sunday afternoon.
Norfolk police said in a Twitter post that the woman's disability scooter throttle had got stuck and it accelerated towards the river.
Police said the female made a lucky escape after throwing herself off the scooter before it plunged into the water, but that she was 'battered and bruised' as a result.
The Twitter post said: 'Lucky escape for local disabled female when her Mobility Scooter throttle stuck & it ended up in River Wensum after throwing herself clear! Battered & Bruised but Ok now. Unusual #InsuranceRecovery.'
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman added: 'We can confirm the woman escaped serious injury thankfully and the scooter was recovered.'
Did you witness the incident? Call Taz Ali on 01603 772531 or e mail email@example.com
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 8 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer