Disability Pride event comes to Norwich this year
- Credit: CLAIRE RISEBOROUGH
An event celebrating the skills and abilities of disabled people in the community is coming to Norwich later this year.
Disability Pride will showcase the work of local artists, performers and speakers at the Forum on Sunday, September 16.
There will also be a marketplace to encourage individuals, groups and businesses to engage with disabled people.
Activities on the day include talks on the advantages of studying with a disability, parenting skills and recovery from mental health.
Ben Reed, chief executive officer of Equal Lives, said: 'With as many as 100,000 disabled people living in East Anglia, we are hoping this event is the start of something big and it will continue to grow for years to come.'
You may also want to watch:
The free event is on from 10am to 4pm. Contact Penny Parker on 01508 491210 option 4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success