Dinosaurs are coming to Great Yarmouth! New seafront attraction to take people on a journey through time
- Credit: Jurassic Journey
A major investment into the Great Yarmouth seafront is preparing to roar into life this summer, taking seaside revellers on a journey back in time.
Jurassic Journey is due to open in the Tower Complex later this summer, which will see visitors walking among prehistoric beasts.
The project will see part of the complex transformed into a Jurassic world, with both static and animatronic dinosaurs on display, from T-Rex to stegosaurus,velociraptor to pterodactyl.
Costing in the region of £400,000, the project is currently under construction and will replace the amusements inside the Marine Parade complex.
The attraction will also include multi-sensory areas, giving children the opportunity to become miniature palaeontologists, out to discover fossils and bones.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Jones, one of the project managers, said: 'We are trying to create something a little bit different to what is already on the seafront.
'Think the Sea Life Centre, but with dinosaurs - that is what we are aiming to create.'
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
The attraction will include aspects of Mr Jones' other business - a children's entertainment company - with actors used to lead digging sessions.
Mr Jones added: 'We want to make the experience as interactive as we possibly can. People will be able to walk around with all the different exhibits around them.
'I used to work in Florida and would see the animatronic dinosaurs there and thought it would be great to bring something like that to Great Yarmouth.
'It's going to be similar to the Dinosaur Adventure Park near Norwich, but with a much closer experience.'
Work is still ongoing in bringing the attraction to life, with the dinosaurs being shipped into the town from China, where they are being built.
'They will look absolutely fantastic when they arrive,' said Mr Jones. 'We hope it will prove to be something really different for people to enjoy.'
While no official opening date has been confirmed, Jurassic Journey will open in the coming months, before the end of the summer. It will be situated on the ground floor of the complex, formerly known as the Atlantis.
'There will be lots of interactive fun to be had,' added Mr Jones.