Dinosaur spotted at Beccles Lido as part of Jurassic World film campaign
- Credit: IGN/Dinotracker
A popular lido was visited by a prehistoric guest as part of the promotional campaign for a new Hollywood blockbuster.
A dinosaur was spotted at Beccles Lido as the countdown continues to the release of the new Jurassic World film.
Jurassic World Dominion, which will be in cinemas from June 10, follows film stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard as they navigate a world where dinosaurs and humans live side-by-side.
Ahead of the release, Jurassic World fans are being offered a fully immersive experience with the launch of a new promotional website.
Shaun Crowley, director at the Beccles Lido said: "What can I say.
"We arrived one morning to find some people outside shouting that they saw a Baryonyx dinosaur swim past in the river and then smash it’s way into the Lido – you can see where it broke the railings in the picture – we rushed in with our mobile phone cameras ready and there it was asleep on the side of the pool.
"Looks like it had been in the pool as the lane ropes were floating loose.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 5 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 6 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 7 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 8 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 9 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 10 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
"Then we saw that there was a new Jurassic World movie out soon and that their dinosaurs had escaped while filming.
"They wanted people to log any sightings of dinosaurs at dinotracker.com so we did just that and now we are in the trailer and about to go viral."
Dinotracker.com features a virtual map of dinosaur sightings around the globe and a field guide on what to do should one encounter one.
The aim is to place users inside the reality of Jurassic World Dominion.
Users can scroll the world map for videos of dinosaur encounters.
Among them is a sighting of a Baryonyx which was found in the early hours of the morning sleeping on the side of Beccles Lido after taking a dip.