Diners set to turn detective for murder mystery event in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Diners will be asked to step back in time and turn detective for a murder mystery event at a Norwich restaurant this summer.
Murder in the Library will take place at The Library restaurant, in Guildhall Hill, on June 21 and will use the heritage of the historic setting as the starting point for the night of whodunnit drama.
It is just before the start of the First World War and one of England's oldest subscription libraries - now The Library restaurant - is celebrating its re-opening following a devastating fire. That much is true, but the murder mystery that interrupts the celebrations will be a little harder to find in the history books as it is being specially created by new theatre company M Murder Mystery Experience (M).
Jayne Raffles, who owns the restaurant with her husband Nigel, said they decided to host the event because they wanted to do something special to link in with the Norwich Food and Drink Festival which will take place a couple of days earlier.
'This is a beautiful, historic building so guests will be able to learn just a little about its past as they see a 'murder' take place before their eyes and try and work out who did it and why,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
Murder in the Library is the first event being organised by M which also hopes to hold murder mysteries in other locations around the city.
Helen Vinsen, an arts marketing specialist who has set up M with actor, filmmaker and technical director Mark Benfield and stage and radio writer Alison Falconer, said: 'We have all worked professionally for the theatre and wanted to expand what we did into events. Ultimately we would like to offer home kits too for people who want to run their own murder mysteries.'
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
Murder in the Library is at The Library restuarant from 6.30pm on June 21. Tickets, including a drink on arrival and two course meal, cost £35. To book, visit, www.thelibraryrestaurant.co.uk or call 01603 616606.
For more about M events, follow @MurderParty_Nch on Twitter or email MurderwithanM@gmail.com
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at firstname.lastname@example.org