Did you spot Norwich chef Richard Bainbridge on Great British Menu last night?
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Norwich Chef Richard Bainbridge has been a familiar face on television thanks to BBC Two's Great British Menu.
Series 12 of the programme is underway and this week chefs from the central region are fighting to have their dishes featured in the final banquet.
After four attempts at cracking the competition, Bainbridge wowed judges and landed two creations in the 2015 banquet.
This year the father-of-one was asked on the show again in a very different capacity.
Bainbridge returned in episode 31 on Monday evening as Pip Lacey, Ryan Simpson and Nick Deverell-Smith battled it out.
You may also want to watch:
His return proved a surprise to Mrs Lacey, who competed against him on the show two years ago, but was ultimately knocked out.
During the episode, the chefs crafted starters, aiming to capture a taste of summer and pay tribute to 140 years of the Wimbledon Championship.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us
The dishes were rated out of 10, with Nick scoring seven, Ryan getting eight and Pip leading with nine.
Mr Bainbridge said: 'I was incredibly nervous about how I was going to come across on the show and also how the region would come across.
'The chefs did very well and I was proud to watch the episode and see my journey come full circle. It was a very special moment, made all the more so by my daughter watching along with me.'
Great British Menu continues tonight on BBC Two from 7.30pm.