Did you see this giant boat on the A149 between North Walsham and Yarmouth?
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Traffic slowed to a crawl as a 65ft boat made its maiden voyage to Great Yarmouth by road today.
Transporting the 20ft high vessel meant trimming overhead branches as it was delivered to Alicat Shipyard from where she will be launched next week.
Maresia is the largest yacht to have been built by North Walsham based luxury boat builder Windboats Marine.
The hull and superstructure have been designed by Norfolk designer Andrew Wolstenholme and the interior styled by Ipswich based Synolo Design.
Powered by twin 800hp engines, the vessel has been fitted with full hydraulic systems, including a wireless joystick control.
You may also want to watch:
After intensive sea-trials, Maresia will head to her home berth in Jersey, from where her owners will cruise extensively in Northern Europe and the Mediterranean.
Windboats managing director Oliver James said the plan was to close the A47 Acle Straight in the Yarmouth to Acle direction for a short period to allow the boat to pass safely.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts