Did you see police pursue BMW through north Norfolk?
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Witnesses are being sought to a police pursuit in north Norfolk on Monday night.
The drama unfolded at about 8.20pm when a black BMW failed to stop for police resulting in a 15-minute pursuit around the Stalham, Ludham and Catfield areas before the vehicle was abandoned in Ludham.
Enquiries led officers to an address in the village where a 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of driving while disqualified, drink driving, failing to stop when directed and dangerous driving.
The man was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning and released on bail until February 23 while investigations continue.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the pursuit, particularly dog walkers and the driver of a vehicle waiting at the junction of School Road and High Street in Ludham around the time of the pursuit.
You may also want to watch:
Police would also like to hear from anyone with knowledge around the circumstances of the incident.
Anyone with information should contact PC Mark Carrier at Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre on 101.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?