Did you see police pursue BMW through north Norfolk?
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Witnesses are being sought to a police pursuit in north Norfolk on Monday night.
The drama unfolded at about 8.20pm when a black BMW failed to stop for police resulting in a 15-minute pursuit around the Stalham, Ludham and Catfield areas before the vehicle was abandoned in Ludham.
Enquiries led officers to an address in the village where a 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of driving while disqualified, drink driving, failing to stop when directed and dangerous driving.
The man was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning and released on bail until February 23 while investigations continue.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the pursuit, particularly dog walkers and the driver of a vehicle waiting at the junction of School Road and High Street in Ludham around the time of the pursuit.
You may also want to watch:
Police would also like to hear from anyone with knowledge around the circumstances of the incident.
Anyone with information should contact PC Mark Carrier at Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre on 101.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars