Did you hear the fighter jets fly over Norwich?
- Credit: Archant
Several fighter jets flew over the city today to the dismay of many residents.
People from across Norwich have taken to social media to complain about the noise caused by the aircraft from RAF Lakenheath.
The planes are believed to have been taking part in training exercises.
Grace Roberts said on Facebook: 'What a noise, my house vibrated in NR2 Earlham Road. My lugs are still ringing.'
David Melton added: 'They're definitely not stealth craft, looked like they were practicing manoeuvres.'
You may also want to watch:
The noise even interrupted a local funeral according to Robin Watson, who was conducting a service at Earlham Crematorium when the planes passed over. He said he was 'drowned out' by the commotion.
Others were impressed by the planes, Hannah English commented: 'They were circling for a while over the city, upside down and all sorts. My plane mad two-year-old was very happy with our view of them!'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 8 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
• Did you hear/see the fighter planes today? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below.