Did you hear the fighter jets fly over Norwich?
- Credit: Archant
Several fighter jets flew over the city today to the dismay of many residents.
People from across Norwich have taken to social media to complain about the noise caused by the aircraft from RAF Lakenheath.
The planes are believed to have been taking part in training exercises.
Grace Roberts said on Facebook: 'What a noise, my house vibrated in NR2 Earlham Road. My lugs are still ringing.'
David Melton added: 'They're definitely not stealth craft, looked like they were practicing manoeuvres.'
The noise even interrupted a local funeral according to Robin Watson, who was conducting a service at Earlham Crematorium when the planes passed over. He said he was 'drowned out' by the commotion.
Others were impressed by the planes, Hannah English commented: 'They were circling for a while over the city, upside down and all sorts. My plane mad two-year-old was very happy with our view of them!'
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 5 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 6 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 10 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
• Did you hear/see the fighter planes today? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below.