Diamond couple Peter and Pam Egmore celebrate 60th wedding anniversary
- Credit: Egmore family
It's a happy anniversary today for a couple from Foxley who are celebrating 60 years of marriage.
Peter and Pam Egmore were married on March 16, 1957, and went on to run two businesses as well as raise four children.
Mr Egmore set up AF Egmore & Son coach and haulage business in Sparham and his wife, who he met after she had been evacuated to nearby Lyng Estaugh during the Second World War, helped in the office.
Later they bought Guist service station until their retirement, becoming well known by the communities they served.
Mr Egmore enjoyed tinkering with cars and was a member of the Rolls Royce owners club where they made many friends. They are still an active couple, who enjoy going to Fakenham market and looking round auctions.
You may also want to watch:
They are celebrating the milestone on Sunday with their growing family - they have 12 grandchildren and eight great grandchildren.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 6 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 7 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000