DevelopHER awards celebrate the best female talent in East Anglia’s tech sector
- Credit: Archant
The best and brightest have been recognised at an awards ceremony to promote the role of women in East Anglia's tech sector.
The second DevelopHER awards were attended by more than 200 people, who saw 16 winners crowned from across the region.
The awards were inspired by the team at Norwich based SyncDevelopHER, which hosts female role models to speak about their experiences in tech and encourage more women to join their growing community.
Founder Vickie Allen said: 'Currently only around 17% of those who work in technology are female, but statistics suggest that women may even use technology more than men in their everyday lives – so why are so few women behind the creation and development of the products they use?
'With technology becoming increasingly essential in our lives, it's really important that we do something to address the imbalance and to try and encourage the next generation of females towards technology.
'After all, with a shortage of technology skills in general, there is a large proportion of the population that remains untapped.
'That's why the DevelopHER awards were created.'
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 5 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 6 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 7 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 8 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 9 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
• Agile Angel: Kirsty Wallace (Agent3)
• Apprentice: Naomi Lee (BT)
• App Developer: Emily Cox (Selesti)
• Best Newcomer: Alice Middleton (Inertia Game Studios)
• Digital Marketer: Sam Parnell (Measured Brilliance)
• Emerging talent: Esperanza Suarez (Axon Vibe)
• Entrepreneur: Juliana Meyer (SupaPass)
• Eye for Design: Angela Prichard (Propeller Design)
• Game Developer: Catherine Woolley (The Chinese Room)
• Innovation: Pippa Geaves (Prominent PR)
• Inspiration: Emma Woodhouse (Klik)
• Mentor: Sam Parnell (Measured Brilliance)
• Tech Star: Marianela Queme (Mautic)
• Tester: Helen Thomas (Agent3)
• Unsung Hero: Hazel Cottrell (Creative Content Company)
• User Experience: Gail Cruse (Aviva)