Developer announces new wind farm plans at Hempnall
Long-running plans for a wind farm development in south Norfolk took a new turn after a different developer announced proposals for a four turbine scheme.
TCI Renewables today announced that it was submitting a scoping opinion application for land at Hempnall after buying the site from Enertrag UK.
The Oxfordshire-based company, which already has plans for an onshore scheme on the former Pulham Airfield in south Norfolk, said they would be holding a public exhibition in the village next month.
The site at Bussey's Loke in Hempnall had been proposed for a seven turbine scheme by Enertrag, but was rejected by South Norfolk Council and by an inspector on appeal. Enertrag decided to leave the area earlier this year following lack of support from local people.
Bruce Hutt, director of TCI Renewables, claimed the renewable energy scheme would provide electricity for 5,200 homes and provide a �16,000 financial contribution to the local community every year.
You may also want to watch:
'We're delighted to be taking this proposal forward. Following the encouraging words of the inspector at the previous planning inquiry, we believe this site is suitable for development and that with careful planning and meaningful consultation, the Streetwood Wind Farm will be a great success,' he said.
A public exhibition will be held at Hempnall Village Hall on December 5 from 3.30pm to 7.30pm. For more information, visit www.streetwoodwindfarm.com
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault