Details revealed for the funeral of ‘true Bungay man’ John Groom
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The community are set to come together to commemorate the life of a John Groom, who was described as a 'true Bungay man'.
Mr Groom passed away suddenly last week surrounded by his friends and family aged 70.
The 'hugely dedicated' and 'respected public servant' served Waveney as a ward councillor for Bungay since his first election in 2000.
As well as a dedicated businessman, Mr Groom was also a town councillor, Town Reeve and had been the mayor of Bungay on three separate occasions.
He served numerous committees including regular stints as the chair of the council's Planning Committee.
You may also want to watch:
The funeral for Mr Groom will be held on Thursday, January 31 at 10.30am in St Mary's Church in Bungay.
Mr Groom's loved-ones have requested for family-only flowers and for all donations to be made to the Suffolk Horse Society.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 7 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 8 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 9 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle