Details revealed for the funeral of ‘true Bungay man’ John Groom
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The community are set to come together to commemorate the life of a John Groom, who was described as a 'true Bungay man'.
Mr Groom passed away suddenly last week surrounded by his friends and family aged 70.
The 'hugely dedicated' and 'respected public servant' served Waveney as a ward councillor for Bungay since his first election in 2000.
As well as a dedicated businessman, Mr Groom was also a town councillor, Town Reeve and had been the mayor of Bungay on three separate occasions.
He served numerous committees including regular stints as the chair of the council's Planning Committee.
You may also want to watch:
The funeral for Mr Groom will be held on Thursday, January 31 at 10.30am in St Mary's Church in Bungay.
Mr Groom's loved-ones have requested for family-only flowers and for all donations to be made to the Suffolk Horse Society.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 4 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 5 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 6 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 7 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 8 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Welcome to our new website
- 10 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom