Details of revamped Norwich Marks and Spencer store’s grand opening announced
The long-awaited grand opening of the redeveloped Marks and Spencer store in Norwich will be held next week.
The extensively refurbished and remodelled department store is set to unveil the company's newest look in its 99-year history in Norwich when the ribbon is cut at the Rampant Horse Street store.
Store manager Andy Barber and his staff will open the store at 9am on Thursday with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and a welcome for customers with a complimentary glass of champagne.
Shoppers will have the chance to enjoy a full day of celebratory entertainment, including an in-store DJ, personal shoppers and food tasting, plus the opportunity to win a share of �1,000 worth of M&S gift cards.
Mr Barber said: 'We are thrilled to have a brand new fully extended and modernised store and can't wait for shoppers to benefit from the improvements.
You may also want to watch:
'We look forward to welcoming all old and new customers to the newly revamped store when it is unveiled next week.' The Norwich store has undergone extensive redevelopment over the past 18 months and has been fully modernised with a brand new glass-fronted extension and 'living wall' to liven up Malthouse Road, which runs alongside the store up to Chapelfield Shopping Centre.
The changes have made the Norwich store second only to the M&S store in Marble Arch, London, in terms of real estate.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 6 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
The redesigned store now features a new layout across womenswear, menswear, homeware, food, lingerie and childrenswear.
The extended womenswear department now features brands such as per una, Autograph and Limited Collection, while the lingerie range and specialist bra fitting service is now located in the basement. The bigger menswear and kidswear departments include collections from Blue Harbour and North Coast, and the brand new homeware department located on the third floor now features luxury soft furnishings, accessories and the new Conran Exclusive Design collection.
The store also boasts a new M&S Kitchen and cafe and the revamped food hall features 1,500 new food and drink products. There is also a new bakery and hot food to take away from the Hot Food on the Move counter in the glass-fronted extension opposite Gentleman's Walk.
See tomorrow's Evening News to be in with a chance of winning four lots of �250 M&S vouchers.
What do you think to the new look of the Norwich M&S store? Write to Evening News Letters, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1JE or email email@example.com