Student encourages community spirit with charity football match
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A 17-year-old is organising a football match in aid of East Anglia Air Ambulance and his sports academy.
Connor Bagley, a student at Dereham Education and Soccer Academy (DESA), is holding the match between the Dereham's first team and ex-DESA students.
Mr Bagley, from Thorpe St Andrew, is organising the event as part of his diploma in sport science.
He said: 'I wanted to get the town involved a lot more with the club and create a real friendly environment.
'It would be nice to see the town come together as a whole mainly because you're supporting your home club and it brings everyone together.
You may also want to watch:
The match kicks off at 7.30pm on Friday at Dereham Football Club, £5 entry includes a burger or hotdog.
A raffle will include donations from Thorpe Plant and Garden Centre. Businesses interested in donating prizes contact email@example.com.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones